Run in collaboration with Tender, Shifting Point is delivered as weekly sessions across 6-weeks or as a week’s intensive for Year 5 students. Closely linked to the PSHE curriculum it is designed to help children:
- communicate and collaborate with their peers
- better able to express positive and negative emotions that affect their collaborative work
- listen and respond with empathy to different perspectives
- learn new skills that stretch the boundaries of what they believe they can achieve
- understand the components of healthy and unhealthy relationships, and where to access support.
Teachers and school staff:
- Become more skilled and resourced for Healthy Relationship education
- Feel more confident using arts-based approaches to teach Healthy Relationships.
Made possible with funding through the Paul Hamlyn Foundation.
‘Creating an environment where the children feel safe and comfortable is paramount to children participation and their opening up, and that is exactly what happened.’